ECS provides fast and secure medical chart retrieval services for Medicare Advantage risk adjustment audits. We are equipped with the systems and processes to support large retrieval projects on a national scale. Our chart retrieval solutions are flexible to support a wide range of business requirements from a turn-key approach to a fully customized solution.
Comprehensive National Network
Through our growing network of dedicated field technicians, ECS can respond to your chart retrieval needs anywhere in the country. We have spent years building one of the strongest national networks of field technicians in the industry. Our unique recruiting and retention strategy allows us to continually serve the needs of our clients regardless of geography.
Effective Provider Relationships
Our skilled scheduling team contacts provider offices to schedule chart retrieval appointments and explain the process. Once the retrieval has been scheduled, a field technician is assigned to perform the retrieval on-site using our proprietary scanning and document management solution.
ECS is uniquely positioned to maximize the effectiveness of this process by leveraging our relationship with each provider office across both of our businesses (Chart Retrieval and Site Visits). We maintain detailed records for each provider office allowing us to quickly identify and work closely with the necessary resources resulting in minimal disruption to the provider or to our client.
As an ECS client, you can take advantage of our unique ChartFinder© system which tracks the status of your medical risk adjustment projects real time. You will have access to all medical charts and associated project information on the internet 24/7.
- Create risk adjustment projects containing key information about the project, providers and members belonging to the project
- Release projects to chart retrieval / coding vendors
- Capture medical charts visa-vi remote scanning (on-site), fax, email or direct mail
- Automatically upload and attach chart image files over the internet through a highly secure encrypted data transmission protocol
- Utilize ChartFinder's coding module to preview and code medical charts
- Export charts to an internal medical coding application
- Automatically transmit charts to third party coding vendors
- Audit risk adjustment projects for coding accuracy
- Track the status of each chart as it moves through the retrieval and coding process
- Track the status of each project from the time it's released through project completion
- Run management reports to review project information by health plan, line of business and state
- Import coding data for completed charts to internal or external systems for CMS submittal
ECS also provides instant electronic notification when we encounter a problem during the retrieval process. If we cannot gain access to a provider office or if a chart is not available, key client personnel will be notified from ChartFinder's© automated email notification system. This proven system facilitates the necessary communication required to resolve issues without wasting time.
ECS understands the importance of managing protected health information (PHI) and utilizes proprietary systems and processes to ensure that your information is safe. Our main goal is to provide all stakeholders with a secure method to retrieve and store medical records.
- 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) used to lock all medical record image files.
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) 128 bit cryptographic transmission protocol used to securely transmit data.
- Auto re-encryption of all medical charts viewed on-line.
- SAS70 Type II approved data center.
- 100% Network Uptime Guarantee.
- Weekly full backups plus daily incremental unmetered backups of all client data.
ECS maintains strict security protocols for all personnel including adherence to comprehensive administrative safeguards, physical safeguards, technical safeguards and privacy policies.